You’ve worked hard, graduated from the academy, and received your first assignment as part of a team of young recruits.
You are confident in your abilities.
Nothing can possibly go wrong.
You are prepared for anything.
You are the…SPACE CADETS!
Space Cadets is a fun, frantic, real-time cooperative game where players take on the roles of Bridge Officers of a Starship.
You might be the…
- Captain: setting the plan and making sure that everyone stays focused and does their job.
- Helmsman: plotting the ship’s course through asteroid fields and nebulae.
- Engineer: using tiles to get enough power to each system.
- Weapons Officer: completing puzzles to load the torpedoes and flicking a disc to launch.
- Shield Officer: using tiles to form poker hands to power up your shields.
- Sensor Officer: using your sense of touch to scan and lock onto enemy targets.
Of course, no Space Cadet should travel into the unknown without a Training Mission or two! Admiral Wendell Wallace of Star Command has provided the following Training Missions, entitled “Training Mission Alpha” and “Training Mission Beta”, so that you can ensure you are fully up to the challenge of taking command of your new starship:
And for those ready to graduate Star Command Academy, here is an “advanced” mission, the famous “Mission 6″:
Finally, to help you on your journey, the designer of Space Cadets, Geoff Engelstein, has created these videos for each of the bridge stations. You will be able to get a feel for how each of these bridge stations operates during the game. Of course, practice makes perfect Space Cadets! Here are the links to the videos:
7. Tractor Beams
9. Damage Control